The USDA will soon be announcing the funding available for the 2017 Value Added Producer Grant. In an effort to get a jump start at the application process, AgMRC suggest that you get prepared by completing the following steps:
1. Apply for a DUNS number - Contact Dun & Bradstreet to obtain your free DUNS number, a 9-digit identification number linked to your business and required of all applicants. You can request your number at this website or by phone at 1-866-705-5711. You will need to provide certain information.
2. Register in the System for Award Management (SAM) database - For assistance, call the Federal Service Desk at 1–866-606–8220 and press '1.' Registering in the SAM database assigns users a CAGE code, necessary for final submission of your grant.
3. Contact the USDA Rural Development (RD) office in your state - The most recent information on funding availability and applications is available through your state USDA RD Office. If requested, each office will conduct a preliminary review of any application completed in that state.
4. Visit the official VAPG website - The website provides such application materials as the application guide and the government forms that VAPG applicants must complete.
Value Added Reports and Resources
Keep up-to-date on your value added business industry with these great resources from the USDA!
- National Retail Report - Specialty Crops
- National Retail Report - Local and Organic
- National Retail Activity Reports