Protocol for Value Added Entrepreneurs
Oregon State University Food Innovation Center has released a protocol, entitled Market Research and Market Readiness, that is designed for self-execution by food start-ups and value-added producers. The information gathered in a "Market Readiness" consumer test will help the entrepreneur discover whether their price expectations match consumer valuation of their product, and if ready to market, it's findings can also be used as the basis for a marketing pitch or business plan.
The Market Research for Market Readiness protocol includes:
- a manual
- an Excel workbook that creates the survey ballot and a report
- There are also videos demonstrating a ballot creation, data entry, and report creation.
The protocol is free and is accessed online. The spreadsheet is emailed after filling out an intake survey.
Value Added Reports and Resources
Keep up-to-date on your value added business industry with these great resources from the USDA!
- National Retail Report - Specialty Crops
- National Retail Report - Local and Organic
- National Retail Activity Reports