Farm Retail Marketing
Farm retail marketing, commonly referred to as farmer-to-consumer direct marketing, generally runs high in locations nearest to large population centers.
For more information on this topic, see the links listed below of articles posted on related Web sites.
- Planning the Farm Retail Market -- Agri-CultureHealth.com -- To begin a marketing plan, one must think through the process of how a product will be sold.
- Farm Market Layout -- Agri-CultureHealth.com -- Addresses the display and selling area, customer traffic flow studies, and other support areas.
- Product Handling -- Agri-CultureHealth.com -- Fruits and vegetables are at their peak of quality and taste the moment they are harvested. Their condition will only deteriorate after that point. Good post-harvest handling can help to slow the deterioration process.
- Merchandizing Practices for Farm Retail Marketing -- Agri-CultureHealth.com -- Merchandising takes on many forms in the successful and profitable operation of a roadside market.
- Product Pricing -- Agri-CultureHealth.com -- Pricing is perhaps the most underdeveloped skill of farm retail market managers.
- Customer Service – Agri-CultureHealth.com -- Customer service is a key factor to the success of running a farm retail market, allowing the market to effectively compete with larger businesses in the sale of like or similar items.