Consumer Food Cooperatives
Starting a consumer food cooperative is a way of creating a market for your food products.
For more information on this topic, see the links listed below of articles posted on related Web sites.
- Introduction to Consumer Food Cooperatives – University of Missouri Extension -- More people are becoming interested in establishing cooperatives to handle groceries.
- Consumer Co-ops: Steps in Organizing a New Pre-Order Food Cooperative – University of Missouri Extension -- This information is for a small group of organizers who want to establish a new pre-order food cooperative.
- Consumer Co-ops: Managing a Pre-Order Food Cooperative – University of Missouri Extension -- A pre-order cooperative can offer its members savings on conventional supermarket food prices and/o r food of higher quality than available elsewhere except at a premium price.
- Consumer Co-ops: Essential Elements of Managing a Food Cooperative – University of Missouri Extension -- Food cooperatives come in all shapes, sizes and temperaments — pre-orders and stores, small and large, based around natural foods and a larger range of foods.
- Consumer Co-ops: Orienting New Members – University of Missouri Extension -- Every cooperative, small or large, will bring in new members at one time or another.
- Liability of Farm Employers – University of Missouri Extension -- Farm owners and operators who hire employees increase their potential liability.
- Managing Farm Labor – University of Missouri Extension -- Farm labor management involves hiring and keeping quality farm labor.