Following the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005, pond-raised crawfish yields in Louisiana are rebounding. In 2010, nearly 110.9 million pounds of crawfish were raised, with a total value of more than $168.5 million. June 2011 ... Crawfish
- Annual Commercial Landing Statistics, Fisheries Statistics, National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), 2009.
- Aquaculture Outlook, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA.
- Census of Aquaculture (2005), USDA, 2006.
- Congress and Agencies Should Take Additional Steps to Reduce Substantial Shortfalls in Duty Collection, Government Accountability Office, 2008 - Over $600 million in duties remain uncollected, dating back to 2001. A majority of the uncollected duties comes from four products from China: crawfish tail meat ($354 million), garlic ($75 million), honey ($43 million), and mushrooms ($41 million).
- Crawfish, Imports and Exports of Fishery Products, Annual Summary, Office of Science and Technology, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), 2009.
- Crawfish Aquaculture - Marketing, Southern Regional Aquaculture Center, 2005.
- Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS), Foreign Ag Service (FAS), USDA, 2010.
- Louisiana Summary, Agricultural and Natural Resources, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, 2010.
- Louisiana Crawfish Farmers Association - This association of active crawfish farmers represents nearly 1,500 crawfish farm operations throughout Louisiana.
- Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and Research Board - The board administers funds from quarterly assessments on manufactured crawfish baits and sacks sold in Louisiana to support promotion and research activities that benefit the crawfish industry.
- NOAA Fisheries, Office of Science and Technology, Fisheries Statistics Division, Foreign Trade Information - Integrates and disseminates state and federal statistics about marine fisheries.
- Northern Crayfish: an update, Minnesota Sea Grant, 2004 - Speculates about the potential of crayfish wild harvest and aquaculture to develop into a significant industry in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Vietnamese Immigrants Carry on a Cajun Food Tradition, New York Times, 2010 - Americans of Vietnamese or Cambodian heritage are serving a Cajun dish, boiled crayfish, in cities around the country.
- Projected Costs and Returns for Crawfish Production in Louisiana, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, 2010 - This report presents estimates of projected costs for crawfish production in Louisiana for 2010.
- Aqaculture Resources, Alternative Farming Systems Information Center.
- Crawfish, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center.
- Crawfish Production Manual, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, 2007 - This publication covers a wide range of topics on crawfish production, including crawfish biology, pond design, forage management, stocking, water quality, harvesting and marketing.
- Freshwater Crayfish, Government of South Australia, 2006 - This Web site notes that crayfish have developed from a secondary income source to many stand-alone ventures. The site provides fact sheets on freshwater crayfish production and management, an economic impact report and a discussion of market opportunities.
Links checked June 2011.