Domestic shipments of solar thermal collectors were 14.7 million square feet in 2008. The residential market is the primary market for solar thermal collectors. June 2012 ... Solar Power
- About Solar Energy, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- American Solar Energy Society (ASES) - This national organization promotes the widespread use of solar energy. It publishes Solar Today.
- Commercial Solar Heating, Florida Solar Energy Center - Includes links on water heating, pool heating and space heating.
- A Consumer’s Guide to Buying a Solar Electric System, NREL, 1999 - This guide provides information on selecting a photovoltaic system.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency; Interstate Renewable Energy Council, North Carolina Solar Center and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) - This is a comprehensive listing of state, local, utility and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Fast Solar Energy Facts, Solarbuzz: Portal to the World of Solar Energy.
- Federal Incentives/Policies for Renewables and Efficiency; Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency; Interstate Renewable Energy Council, North Carolina Solar Center and U.S. DOE - Provides an overview of the 30 percent federal tax credit for homeowners who install solar water heaters and solar electric systems.
- Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency
- Florida Solar Energy Center, University of Central Florida - As the state’s energy research institute, the center conducts research, tests and certifies solar systems, and develops education programs.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, National Center for Photovoltaics, U.S. DOE - A source for technical papers, information resources and research and development projects for solar technologies.
- On-Farm Renewable Energy Production Survey (2009), 2007 Census of Agriculture, National Ag Statistics Service, USDA, 2011 - This energy survey was the first on-farm renewable energy production survey conducted at the national level. The survey provides additional information on energy produced by wind turbines, solar panels and methane digesters that were in operation on farms in 2009. Detailed data includes the installation cost, percent of cost from outside funding, year installed and total amount of utility savings from the use of on-farm renewable energy production.
- PVwatts Calculator, A Performance Calculator for Grid-Connected PV Systems, Renewable Resource Data Center.
- Renewable Energy Basics, California Energy Commission - This site includes sections on solar cells and solar thermal.
- Renewable Energy Explained, Energy Information Administration, U.S. DOE.
- Renewable Energy Opportunities on the Farm, ATTRA, NCAT, 2006 - This publication introduces three renewable energy resources that can be attractive and economically feasible for the farm: solar, wind and renewable fuels. Intended to be an overview, the publication provides information on wind, solar and renewable fuel technologies; cost and savings; site planning; and financial incentives.
- Solar Energy, Energy Information Administration, U.S. DOE.
- Solar Electric Power Association - This association facilitates utility use and integration of solar electric power.
- Solar Energy Applications for Farms and Ranches, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. DOE - Basic information about using solar energy on farms and ranches.
- Solar Energy, NREL.
- Solar Energy Technologies, Energy Information Administration, U.S. DOE.
- Solar Energy Technologies Program, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. DOE.
- Solar-Estimate.org - Estimate the price, savings and size of a solar power system in your location.
- Solar Explained, Energy Information Administration, U.S. DOE.
- Solarbuzz - International solar energy consulting company. Site contains statistical information, news and resources about the solar industry.
- Solar Market Updates and Trends 2009, Interstate Renewable Energy Council, 2010 - This report provides public data on U.S. solar installations by technology, state and market sector.
- Solar Tribune
- Dairy Farmers Milk Free Energy, Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority, New Zealand, 2009 - The four dairy farms described in this New Zealand case study use a variety of solar water heating and heat recovery systems to reduce energy costs.
- Owning a PV/Wind Hybrid System: Being Your Own Utility, Wisconsin Focus on Energy, 2003 - Instead of extending an electric line from the local utility, a Wisconsin couple installed a PV and wind system to power their residence.
- Pinehold Gardens, Farm Energy.org/ - This community-supported farm in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, added a second photovoltaic solar system in 2006.
- Solar Innovator: Alta Devices, U.S. DOE, YouTube, June 2012 - Alta Devices produces solar cells that convert sunlight into electricity at world-record-breaking levels of efficiency.
Links checked August 2013.