U.S. rice production accounts for less than two percent of the world total; however, the United States is an important exporter due to the relatively small percentage of rice traded globally. In recent years, about half of U.S. production has been exported. June 2012 ... Rice
- California Rice Commission, Sacramento, California.
- CalRiceGrowers - This California-based site is designed to enhance the local and worldwide marketability of paddy rice.
- Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS), Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), USDA.
- International Rice Research Institute
- Grain: World Markets and Trade, FAS, USDA.
- Rice, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA.
- Rice Backgrounder, ERS, USDA, 2006.
- Rice Project, University of California Cooperative Extension.
- Rice Publications, University of Arkansas.
- Rice Yearbook, ERS, USDA.
- USA Rice Federation, Arlington, Virginia.
- U.S. per capita food availability, ERS, USDA.
- U.S. Rice Producers Association
- Crop Production Annual Summary, National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), USDA.
- Crop Values Annual Summary, NASS, USDA.
- Crops: Rice, Mississippi State University.
- Cultivated Wild Rice Production in California, University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Daniel Marcum, 2007, $15 - This publication contains key information for growers on every aspect of cultivated wild rice production from varieties, basin construction and planting to harvesting, processing and marketing.
- Missouri Rice Page, University of Missouri.
- Rice, Louisiana State University.
- Rice and Ducks, Ducks Unlimited - This article discusses the benefits to producers of flooding rice fields in the winter to attract waterfowl for hunting and conservation.
- Rice Production Best Management Practices, Louisiana State University.
- Farmers’ Rice Cooperative, Sacramento, California - Over 700 growers in Northern California belong to this rice
marketing cooperative. The growers produce high-quality Calrose, short grain and premium medium grain rice for
the domestic market and for export.
- Lowell Farms, El Campo, Texas - The Raun family has raised rice along the Texas Gulf Coast for more than 80 years. The farm markets its grain through retail stores and online using the Lowell Farms brand.
- Lundberg Family Farms, Richvale, California - This family-owned and -operated rice farm is located in the Sacramento Valley. The farm raises brown and specialty rice varieties using organic and sustainable growing practices called Nutra-Farmed. The farm also markets a line of brown rice products.
- Riceland Foods, Stuttgart, Arkansas - This farmer-owned cooperative provides marketing services for rice, soybeans and wheat. Created in 1921, the cooperative has become the world’s largest miller and marketer of rice.
Links checked June 2012.