Celery has nutritional properties and versatility that have made it a relatively common item in the grocery cart. During 2009, U.S. consumers used an average of 6.1 pounds of fresh celery per person.
According to the USDA, the 2011 crop of celery totaled 19 million cwt, and at an average price of $20 per cwt (crate weight based on 60 pounds per crate), the total value of celery was nearly $382 million. July 2012 ... Celery
- Celery, Vegetables and Melons Outlook, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA, 2005.
- Fruit and Vegetable Market News Website, Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), USDA - Terminal price reports from major U.S. terminals for various vegetables including celery.
- Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS), Foreign Ag Service (FAS), USDA, 2010.
- Vegetables Annual Summary, National Ag Statistics Service (NASS), USDA.
- Vegetables and Pulses Yearbook, ERS, USDA.
- Celery Advisory and Marketing Board, Department of Food and Agricultural Marketing, State of California - Provisions for establishing and outlining the guidelines for the celery advisory and marketing board in California.
- Oregon State University Food Resource, 2007 - Nutrition information, historic use overviews and bibliography on celery and celery nutrition.
- U.S. Standards, Agricultural Marketing Research Service, USDA - United States standards for grades of celery.
- Celery, Vegetable Research and Information Center, University of California Cooperative Extension.
- Celery Production in California, Vegetable Research and Information Center, University of California, 2008.
- Commercial Celery Production in Eastern North Carolina, North Carolina State University, 2001 - Fertilizer, irrigation, pest control, varietal selection, production, grading, harvest and postharvest information. Includes Ten Tips for Successful Celery Production.
- Growing and Harvesting, Dole Reference Center Encyclopedia - A pictoral overview of how celery is grown and prepared for market.
- University of California Pest Management Guidelines, 2007 - Pest management guidelines for the control of celery nematodes, insect pests and related pest- and disease-management issues.
- Cal-Cel Marketing, Inc. - Example of a large-scale producer distributor. The team of Cal-Cel Marketing and Hiji Brothers has been growing celery for over four decades. This site includes a virtual photo tour.
- Marketing Promotions Increase Sales of Florida Produce, 2006 - Three springtime marketing promotions helped boost retail sales of Florida-grown fruits and vegetables (including celery) by nearly $80 million.
- Michigan Celery Promotion Cooperative Inc. - This grower-owned marketing and processing cooperative was founded in 1951.
Links checked July 2012.