Massachusetts State Resources
- Cooperative Massachusetts Research, Education & Extension Service Partners
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources
- Massachusetts Fact Sheet, Economic Research Service, USDA - This specific fact sheet includes current data on population, per capita income, earnings per job, poverty rates, employment, unemployment, farm and farm-related jobs, farm characteristics, farm financial characteristics, top ag commodities, top export commodities and top counties in ag sales.
- Massachusetts Farmers' Markets
- Massachusetts USDA Rural Development
- More Links
- Berkshire Grown - To support their farms, Berkshire Grown promotes locally raised and produced food, flowers and plants in the Berkshire region.
- Community Involved in Sustainable Agriculture (CISA) - This private nonprofit organization is dedicated to sustaining agriculture in western Massachusetts and promoting the products of small farms.
- Food Processing Policies and Guidelines, Massachusetts Department of Public Health Food Protection Program.
- Massachusetts Agricultural Statistics Service
- Massachusetts Association of Roadside Stands and Pick Your Own Farms - The organization provides networking and resource information to those producers interested in agritourism, direct marketing, value-added and meetings that partner with other groups to offer solutions to production and marketing challenges.
- Massachusetts Department Agricultural Resources, Value-Added/Food Processing Development and Marketing - The Department offers assistance to start and expand new businesses and work with development and marketing. They provide “buy local” web sites, crop and product web pages, and business-to-business resources in addition to providing directories, and organizing trade shows and other events.
- New England Extension Food Safety Consortium promotes a collaboratively developed site promoting web-based resources for starting out as well as working with other regional institutions for information for new food businesses.
- Northeast Center for Food Entrepreneurship - The Center provides comprehensive assistance to beginning and established food entrepreneurs, promoting sustainable economic development of rural communities. The center provides product assistance, regulatory and limited business and marketing information.
- Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership (SEMAP) - SEMAP helps the region's farmers and aquaculture operators through technical assistance, business management, education and financial support.
- The Small Business Resource is designed to help business owners and entrepreneurs solve problems and locate key public and private organizations and individuals. These are business decision makers - businessmen and women looking to expand their operations, relocate companies and plan a business start-up.
- Western Massachusetts Food Processing Center - The facility is a State Board of Health, NOFA Massachusetts and USDA-approved shared-use, commercial kitchen facility. The facility is operated as a nonprofit agency. For more information, contact Herb Heller, manager, at 413-774-7204, ext. 108.
Reviewed February 2015.