Texas State Resources
- Texas Center for Rural Entrepreneurship
- Texas AgriLIFE Extension - Offers practical, how-to assistance. Call your county Extension office for more information.
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Fact Sheet, Economic Research Service, USDA - This specific fact sheet includes current data on population, per-capita income, earnings per job, poverty rates, employment, unemployment, farm and farm-related jobs, farm characteristics, farm financial characteristics, top ag commodities, top export commodities, and top counties in ag sales.
- Texas Farmers' Markets
- Texas USDA Rural Development
- More Links
- Extrusion Technology Program, Food Protein R&D Center, Texas A&M University
- Food Protein R&D Center, Texas A&M University
- Manufactured Food Division, Bureau of Food and Drug Safety, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Starting a Business: A Guide to Texas Business Licenses and Permits, Texas Economic Development
- TDA Agriculture Diversification - Helps agricultural businesses, farmers and ranchers grow and diversify their agricultural operations by providing technical assistance and economic development information and research to assist rural communities and rural businesses, particularly natural resource based businesses.
- TDA Market News Report - Recorded price information updated several times a day for livestock, grain, fruits and vegetables, and poultry and eggs, also available by calling 800-252-3407.
- Texas Agricultural Cooperative Council - Mission is to promote, support, and advance the interest and understanding of agricultural, utility, and credit cooperatives and their members through legislative and regulatory efforts, education, and public relations.
- The Small Business Resource is designed to help business owners and entrepreneurs solve problems and locate key public and private organizations and individuals. These are business decision makers - businessmen and women looking to expand their operations, relocate companies and plan a business startup.
Billy L. Curb
Texas USDA Rural Development State Office
The University of Texas - Pan American
Texas Rural Cooperative Development Center