- Canning: Meat, Poultry, Wild Game and Fish, Iowa State University, 2012 (free download) - Canning meat, poultry, wild game and fish must be done correctly to ensure that food is safe to eat. Find guidelines and recipes to follow to achieve the best product.
- Common Canning Problems, Clemson Extension.
- Complete Guide to Home Canning, National Center for Home Food Preservation, 2009.
- Home Canning, USDA's complete guide, National Center for Home Food Preservation, 2009.
- The Importance of Food pH in Commercial Canning Operations, Oklahoma State University.
- Preserve@Home, University of Idaho Extension, eXtension.org - The goal of this fee-based online course is to reach and educate individuals on food safety and food preservation while limiting geographical barriers. The course's six-week program includes: lessons, National Center for Home Food Preservation videos, weekly student discussion board and real-time chat, quizzes and final exam. Contact Carol Hampton at email@example.com to learn about future offerings of this course.
- Researchers Improve Canning Process, Foodproductiondaily.com, 2002.
Selecting, Preparing and Canning (pdf)
- Fermented Foods and Pickled Vegetables, USDA, 2009.
- Fruit and Fruit Products, USDA, 2009.
- Jams and Jellies, USDA, 2009.
- Poultry, Red Meats and Seafood, USDA, 2009.
- Tomatoes and Tomato Products, USDA, 2009.
- Vegetables and Vegetable Products, USDA, 2009.
Links to Other Sites
- Food Entrepreneurs Resources, Penn State University.
- Home Food Preservation, Penn State University.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation, University of Georgia.
Links checked January 2012.