Photo Courtesy of U.S. Census Bureau, Public Information Office.
- Supermarket Challenges and Opportunities for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Producers and Shippers, University of California, 2004.
- Are Food Brokers Right for You? Oklahoma State University. Also see Sample Brokerage Agreement.
- Benchmark Sales - A leading foodservice broker servicing New England and Upstate New York.
- Distributing Your Product, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- The GMA 2010 Benchmark Report, Grocery Manufacturers of America Inc.
- Good Source Solutions - A leading distributor of secondary food products to niche and special application markets, such as schools and corrections. More than 3,500 customers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Utah.
- Gordon Food Service - This company is North America's largest family-owned broadline foodservice distributor. It serves customers in 10 states and throughout Canada.
- Marketing and Fresh Produce in a Consolidating Food Distribution System (video), Roberta Cook, University of California, Davis - Dr. Cook discusses special characteristics of the produce industry and how it is responding to changes in the overall food distribution system. She covers industry size and structure, per capita consumption trends, broad demand trends, major challenges and future trends.
- Martin Bros. Distr. Co. - Distributor in the upper Midwest.
- Reinhart FoodService - The nation's third largest independent foodservice distributor.
- Smart Distribution Strategies - A Review of Some Northeast Distribution Businesses and Their Strategies, Cornell University, 2006.
- Sysco - The leading food distributor with 161 locations and 420,000 customers.
- Trends in the Marketing of Fresh Produce and Fresh-cut Products, Roberta Cook, Agricultural Issues Center, University of California, Davis, 2007.
- U.S. Foodservice - It has 78 distribution centers nationwide and supports more than 250,000 foodservice customers. A list of locations appears on the Web site.
Links checked May 2012.