Photo courtesy of the USDA NRCS.
- Can Spot and Contract Markets Co-Exist in Agriculture?, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD), Iowa State University - This paper provides a model to study how fundamental economic factors influence the contracting behavior of farmers and processors.
- Information Sharing and Oligopoly in Agricultural Markets: The Role of Bargaining Associations, CARD, Iowa State University.
- Observations on Cooperative Bargaining in U.S. Agricultural Markets, CARD, Iowa State University.
- Private Sales and Public Information: Does the USDA's National Berry Report Provide Information on the Relationship between the Spot Market and Precommitted Sales?, Agricultural Issues Center, University of California.
Links to Other Sites
- Food & Agricultural Policy Research Institute, Iowa State University and the University of Missouri-Columbia - Providing economic analysis of trade and agricultural policy for decisionmakers and stakeholders in world agriculture.
- Food Markets & Prices, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA.
- Food Processing Center, Nebraska Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources - A clearinghouse of research reports, case studies and other industry-specific articles and links related to value-added market opportunities.
- Global Food Markets, ERS, USDA.
- New Directions in Global Food Markets, ERS, USDA, 2005 - This report describes how consumer preferences are driving changes in global food supply chains.
- U.S. Food Market Estimator, Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, Iowa State University - This estimator is designed to help users determine the potential demand, by U.S. county, for more than 200 different food items.
Links checked December 2012.