Investment Analysis Tools
Worksheets and calculators are useful tools for analyzing investment opportunities.
Use this worksheet to evaluate a value-added business investment opportunity. Evaluating Agricultural Value-Adding Business Opportunities for Equity Participation provides an explanation of how to use the worksheet.
For more information on this topic, see the links listed below of additional calculators and worksheets posted on related Web sites.
- Capital Budgeting – University of Illinois Extension -- Worksheet to compute net present value, compare price and terms, evaluate IRR and MIRR for basic capital budgeting/investment analysis programs.
- Lease vs. Purchase - University of Illinois Extension -- Compares lease vs. purchase alternatives and calculates the terms to make the options equivalent in NPV.
- Asset Allocator – Your age, ability to tolerate risk and several other factors are used to calculate a desirable mix of stocks, bonds and cash.
- Investment Loan – This calculator helps illustrate the effect of using a loan to purchase an investment or appreciable asset. Using debt as leverage to purchase investments can magnify your return. The downside is that you also increase your risk.
- Investment Returns – There is more to investing than knowing your annual rate of return. Use this calculator to help you see how inflation, taxes and your time horizon can impact your bottom line.
- Compound Interest and Your Savings – This calculator demonstrates how compounding can affect your savings.
Links checked December 2018.