Is image important? You bet it is. What your customer thinks of you is not only important, it is everything. Image is also important in dealing with the community in which you work, governmental agencies, lenders and so on.
Image is the way others (clients, employees, the community, competitors, etc.) perceive your company and its products. And, it is the action you take to bring that about. It means using the old adage of “putting your best foot forward.” Image must make sense and be believable and accurate. It must be consistent – in visual approach as well as in the way you handle customers.
Image can mean gaining a visual identification of your company by its customers such as with a logo. However, it is not limited to this. Image is a part of everything you do including written materials, the way you deal with customers and others, what people noticed about you, etc.
Establishing an image should be part of your marketing plan. What short phrase describes your interactions with customers or your product? You may want to develop a tag line and use it everywhere.
To better understand company image and how to use it read Packaging Your Business: How to Harness Image as a Marketing Tool.
For more information on this topic, see the links listed below of articles posted on related Web sites.
Creating an Image
- The Importance of a Company Image – Small Business Notes -- Your company image sets the stage for how receptive a target audience is for your messages.
- Business Image – Small Business Notes -- It is no longer enough just to sell your service or product. You need to aim your service or product at a particular market and inform that market of your product or service.
- Developing Your Company Image – Small Business Notes -- What visions, feelings and thoughts come to mind when you think of Walmart, Johnson & Johnson, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream or Nike?
- Creating a Company Image – Small Business Notes -- A company image is an intangible item (you can't touch it or feel it), but it's as important, if not more so, than the raw materials you fashion into a tangible product, machinery you use to make products or your product inventory.
- Company Image and Positioning – Small Business Notes -- It's impossible to discuss the concept of a company image without including its relationship with both product and market positioning.
- Company Image and Marketing Communications – Small Business Notes -- Your company image can make your marketing communications efforts more or less effective than they would be on their own.
Choosing a Logo
Links checked July 2014.