International Dairy Markets
In 2011, the value of U.S. dairy exports reached $4.82 billion, up 29 percent from 2010. In the first seven months of 2012, export value was up 16 percent over the same period in 2011. The increase reported in 2011 and first half of 2012 is not coincidental. In fact, exports have increased 21 percent annually over the last eight years. The fastest growing markets in the first seven months of 2012 were China, with growth rate of 43 percent, South America at 52 percent and Oceania at 70 percent. While China and South America may be easily explained by a rise in population, income and increase in U.S. dairy industry competitiveness, the reason for growth of exports to Oceania (New Zealand) is due to usage of lactose exported from the United States for standardization of milk powder products New Zealand exports further. . . . November 2012 ... International Dairy Markets
- Canadian Dairy Information Centre
- Commonwealth of Independent States (including Russia).
- Dairy Council, United Kingdom.
- Danish Dairy Board
- Dairy Good, Australia.
- Dairy: Trade, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA.
- Dairy: World Markets and Trade, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), USDA, 2010.
- Dairy Market Statistics, 2009 Annual Summary, Ag Marketing Service (AMS), USDA, 2010.
- European Commission - Agriculture
- European Dairy Association
- Fonterra Co-operative Group, New Zealand.
- Foreign Trade Statistics, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Global Ag Trade System (GATS), FAS, USDA.
- International Dairy•Deli•Bakery Association
- International Dairy Federation
- International Dairy Foods Association
- International Dairy Programs, AMS, USDA.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan.
- Supply and Demand for Commodity Components: Implications of Free Trade versus the AUSFTA for the U.S. Dairy Industry, University of California Agricultural Issues Center, 2006 - This paper presents a simulation model of world dairy markets and analyzes the effects on U.S. milk markets of both a hypothetical agreement allowing free bilateral trade in dairy products and the actual Australian-US Free Trade Agreement.
- U.S. Agricultural Trade, ERS, USDA.
- U.S. Dairy Export Council
Links checked February 2013.