Revised October, 2018
Celery has nutritional properties and versatility that have made it a relatively common item in the grocery cart. During 2017, U.S. consumers used about 15.59 million cwt of the 15.63 million cwt of celery that had been produced.
According to the USDA, the 2017 crop of celery totaled 15.6 million cwt, and at an average price of $20.20 per cwt, the total value of celery utilized was nearly $314 million. Celery
- Celery, Vegetables and Melons Outlook, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA, 2018.
- Fruit and Vegetable Market News Website, Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), USDA - Terminal price reports from major U.S. terminals for various vegetables including celery.
- Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS), Foreign Ag Service (FAS), USDA, 2010.
- Vegetables Annual Summary, National Ag Statistics Service (NASS), USDA.
- Vegetables and Pulses Yearbook, ERS, USDA.
- Celery Advisory and Marketing Board, Department of Food and Agricultural Marketing, State of California - Provisions for establishing and outlining the guidelines for the celery advisory and marketing board in California.
- U.S. Standards, Agricultural Marketing Research Service, USDA - United States standards for grades of celery.