- Annual Guide to Food Industry Services, Institute of Food Technologists, Plant/Processing/Packaging - This guide describes services available on a contract or fee basis.
- Choosing and Using a Co-packer, Department of Food Science, North Carolina State University - This document lists the advantages and challenges of using a co-packer.
- Contract Manufacturing & Packaging Association - This organization provides a list of members at its website and information on what to look for when considering an outsource service.
- Contract Packaging Guide, Packaging Digest - This packaging industry publication provides a list of companies that provide contract packaging services. It is searchable by name or type of packaging.
- Food and Beverage Packaging
- FoodProductionDaily.com - This commercial site from Europe provides breaking news on food processing and packaging. It also sells market research.
- Innovative Food Packaging Solutions, Institute of Food Technologists, 2008 - IFT discusses recent innovations in food packaging materials.
- Packexpo.com - This online packing industry resource provides news and links to packaging products and suppliers.
- Packaging Strategies - This packaging publication offers packaging studies and conference proceedings for purchase.
- Selecting a Contract Packager, Packaging World magazine, 2009.
- Small Co-packers and Commercial Kitchens, Northeast Center for Food Entrepreneurship - A searchable database listing resources available in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Links checked November 2012.