Extension Risk Management Education Grant Opportunities Annoucned
Posted on 11/05/2013 at 12:00 AM by Christa Hartsook
The North Central Risk Management Education Center in conjunction with the Northeast, Southern, and Western Regional Centers, administers awards which fund 12-month risk management education projects. The award year runs from July 1 to June 30 annually.
The 2014 application period is now open! Read the 2014 RFA. The application period for pre-proposals will remain open until Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM CST. Please note that the application site has been updated this year, so everyone, including those who have registered in prior years, will have to go through the registration process. We think you will like the changes!
How to Apply
The application process is conducted in two stages:
Stage One: This requires the completion of a pre-proposal.
- 1. Download and carefully read the North Central Center's 2014 Request for Applications. Please note that there are several changes in the 2014 RFA and the online application, including new user-based access to the Results Verification System. You may want to print out these instructions.
- View the Proposal Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in both the Pre-Proposal and Full Proposal applications. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Tutorials which are available for each stage of the process.
- Registration Information: To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select "Register" and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent to you via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- Login using your email address and password, which will take you to the "My Projects" page. To begin a new Pre-Proposal, select "Start New Application" and then "North Central ERME" under Active Funding Opportunities.
- Select the appropriate grant category from the two options available, and click the green "Start New Application" button. Then follow the instructions accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Whenever you wish to continue working on your Pre-Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the "My Projects" page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the title or the pencil icon.
Stage Two: This requires the completion of the full-proposal and applies only to those proposals selected to submit a full application. Those selected will be notified no later than February 3, 2014. More information will be posted at that time.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Christine Lockert, email@example.com or 402-472-2039.