Dissecting the Farm Bill
Posted on 12/23/2014 at 12:00 AM by Christa Hartsook
The Agricultural Act of 2014 is important legislation that provides authorization for services and programs that impact every American and millions of people around the world.
The new Farm Bill enables USDA to further expand markets for agricultural products at home and abroad, strengthen conservation efforts, create new opportunities for local and regional food systems and grow the biobased economy.
What does this mean for you?
- Progress on 2014 Farm Bill Implementation
- Base Reallocation, Yield Updates, Price Loss Coverage (PLC) & Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC)
- Dairy Margin Protection Program Web Tool
- Information on Conservation Compliance
- Video: Secretary Tom Vilsack on the 2014 Farm Bill
- 2014 Farm Bill Highlights (PDF, 72KB)
- Secretary Vilsack Addresses Commodity Classic on Farm Bill Implementation (Transcript 02/28/14)
- 5 Ways the Farm Bill Strengthens the Economy
- Blog: The President Signs the Farm Bill: "A Jobs Bill, an Innovation Bill, a Research Bill, and a Conservation Bill"
Categories: Commodities & Products